Re: A suggestion: new lists

From: Ingle K A (kia@dsunix2.dsrd.ornl.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 04:49:44 EET

Elaine,

I will join the open communications corps even as I acknowledge that
using an English language as a standard can be a barrier. To break the
rp-ml down by language would be clique-ish and rpovide exclusivity whcihc
I believe is not the point in an open mailing list. If English poses a
barrier than perhaps the subscriber should have thought twice before
signing on since it was a given that that would be the language of
communication.

It is of course a reasonable point that those who would want to form
discussion groups built around variious languages should do so but they
perhaps ought to be sub-groups of the mailing list, not seperate mailing
lists.

Also, perhaps there are other solutions besides the ones currently on the
table to solve the problem. Let's put our heads together in an effort to
assist each other to find the most egalitarian solution. Are there other
potential solutions? Let's here some proposals.
Kate Ingle