Silicone Rubber Applications

From: MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA (KHVD07A@prodigy.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 1995 - 15:12:19 EET

-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

With the answers to my question about using investment casting
techniques to make a silicone rubber model, it is pretty clear that I
should clarify what I was trying to achieve using those techniques.

I was interested in this idea from the viewpoint that if all I wanted
was one silicone rubber model, then investment casting techniques would
allow me to accomplish that without going to a multipart mold made in
wax, silicone rubber, aluminum, or whatever.

I obviously could make the several parts of a multi part mold with the
Model Maker. The Model Maker is very compatible with silicone rubber,
and in fact the "build" material is self releasing for most silicone
rubber applications.

I want to thank the many people who responded to last week's question,
because I got some new ideas on several alternatives.

Regards,
Al Hastbacka

Home page for the world's highest precision rapid prototyping system.
http://www.sanders-prototype.com