Re:Z-Shifter

From: Joe DeGuglielmo (jfdegug@Kodak.COM)
Date: Sun Jan 28 1996 - 05:07:26 EET

At 03:54 PM 1/26/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Paul Bernhard from PROFORM had a talk at the European SL-usermeeting.
>He often builds small parts like telefon-plugs, which didn't fit because of
overcure of downfacing surfaces. That's why he developed Z-Shifter.
>As one knows the correction for overcure the accuracy depends on the value
of over-overcure (by following layers), which can be very high when building
parts with thin slices.

>A Z-axis compensation shall also be included in the new 3D-MAESTRO software.(?)

I'm not sure what this means here.... Are you saying that you know it will
be included in MAESTRO? or are you asking if it will be?

>Heinz Stucki
>
>University of Zurich
>Switzerland
>
>(As concept modelers (Actua 2100) become more popular, the Swiss chocolate
industry proposes chocolate as a new buildmaterial. Eat a model for dessert.)

Joe DeGuglielmo
Eastman Kodak Company
Rapid Prototyping Center
901 Elmgrove Rd.
Rochester, NY 14653-5315
(716)-726-7046
jfdegug@kodak.com

Rapid Prototyping Center Established 1988
Stereolithography
Selective Laser Sintering