Chest Cavity

From: Terry Wohlers (73417.1465@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 1996 - 01:26:16 EET

Elaine wrote:

> I have a user that needs either CT or MRI data of the chest cavity.
> Is there a ftp site for such data somewhere in the world?

You might be able to get cross section data of a real chest from Dr. David
Alciatore (alciator@longs.lance.colostate.edu) of Colorado State University.
He's here in Fort Collins. Dave and others are reconstructing a human thorax
from cross section data taken from a frozen cadaver. They froze a body in a
gel and then cut 1 mm slices (as I recall), digitally photographing each slice
as they go. Although it's not CT or MRI data, it might be better. Fascinating
work, huh!

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates