Resend of Burnout Query

From: Guy Allen Brady (galbrady@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 27 1996 - 00:18:46 EET

RP folks:

My last post may have been chopped in half electronically, so I'm
reposting my question.

I'm building a pattern from SL5170 resin on an SLA250. Does anyone who has
experience in burnout of this material tell me the maximum temperature
for burnout? Also, any tips on what to expect as far as expansion
stresses, ashing, etc. that could destroy my mold would be appreciated.

I've read the TGA data in the resin handbook, but I'd like the users'
experience.

Note: This is not a quickcast pattern and the thickest section
in this pattern is about 4mm.

Many thanks,
Allen
= G. Allen Brady -- Graduate Research Assistant =
= =
= Materials Science and Engineering 2205 H.H. Dow Bldg. =
= The University of Michigan 2300 Hayward Street =
= phone: 313/936-0177 fax: 313/763-4788 Ann Arbor, MI 48105 =
= email: galbrady@engin.umich.edu =
= http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~galbrady =