Re: Multi-Jet Modeling from 3D

From: David K. Leigh (harvest@vvm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 29 1996 - 10:22:55 EET

> Subject: Multi-Jet Modeling from 3D
>
> Can anyone tell me more about this product in terms of
> 1. price

~$60,000

> 2. material used

It is a wax type material, low melting point and very brittle.

> 3. cycle time

?????

> 4. wet or dry process?

It sprays the molten wax onto the platform and then solidifies. You
be the judge on whether that is wet or dry.

> 5. file input format

.stl format through an ethernet network connection. It is supposed to process the file for
you.

> 6. limitations

Accuracy is +/- .040". It build support structures, but I doubt
serious overhangs will process very well. The material is very
brittle. Size is approx a sheet of paper, 8 inches tall
(10"x8"x8").

David K. Leigh
Harvest Technologies
Rapid Prototyping Center