medical models

From: Thomas G. Loebig (tom@biomechanics.asri.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 08 1996 - 20:29:57 EET

On another subject...

I would like to hear from anyone who can provide medical models. I have an
interested oral surgeon at my institution. He is very excited but frustrated
because he feels that he must go to Europe to get the best deal. Insurance
reimbursement seems to be key to mainstreaming surgical planning with RP
models in the US, not to mention that most docs that I've spoken with haven't
even heard of the concept. My guy's got research dollars and will entertain
any reasonable offer. So anyone who's got their CT and MRI to RP data format
routines up and running, drop me a line. I personally can convert the data,
but my method is slow and from the electronic stone age.

Tom

Thomas G. Loebig, MSME Allegheny-Singer Research Institute
Biomechanics Research Lab Pittsburgh, PA 15212
tom@biomechanics.asri.edu 412.359.6773