Redundant repetition...

From: Seppo J Niemi (zaphod@bart.lpt.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 14 1996 - 14:12:44 EET

Dear dear friends,

most of you have been receiving duplicate messages from the list. This
is very annoying, I know, and I've been trying to solve the
problem. Unfortunately it's not very easy, because those that get
duplicated do not differ from other articles and there doesn't seem to
be any clearly visible reason for duplication. It just happens. Some
messages just are sent twice to some people, but not all messages and
not to all people - and no message is ever sent thrice.

This is one of the most mystical problems I have ever encountered
during my sysadmin career; and believe me, I've seen a lot.

I will, however, continue to dive headlong into system logs and try to
find some solution to this. Underpaid and overworked, as I am, I can't
promise you quick results but I'll do my best.

In the meanwhile, I hope you can live with this annoying "feature".

//zaphod