Re: build times

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 17:15:10 EEST

>I'm studying RP for my thesis and am looking for information on
>build time estimators for parts in stereolithography machines. Has
>anyone any idea where I can find something useful?
>Rosemary Gault

Here is a good place to start...........
Faculty and Student Publications
Product Realization Laboratory
Clemson University

Kirschman, C. F., "Study of Dimensional Accuracy for Stereolithographic
Prototypes", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina, 1989.

Kirschman, C. F., "Goals and Structure of CIDES", Clemson University IDeRP
Lab, Clemson, South Carolina, 1990.

Namboodri, C. G., "Experimental Development and Design of Support
Structures for Stereolithography ", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson,
South Carolina, 1990.

Barlage, W., "ME 415 Final Report", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson,
South Carolina, 1990. (Composite Structures)

Kirschman, C. F., "Support Structure Design for Rapid Prototyping",
Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina, 1990.

Renault, T., Ogale, A. A., Dooley, R. L., Bagchi, A., and Jara-Almonte, C.
C., "Photolithography for Composite Manufacturing: Continuous Glass
Fiber/Polyacrylate Composites", SAMPE Quarterly, 22 (2), 19-25. Jan. 1991.

Basavaraju, V., "Preliminary Investigation of Tolerances and Finish Using
Stereolithography", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina,
1990.

Grogan, B. N., "Development of a Slicing Algorithm for Laminated Part
Manufacturing", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina,
1990.

Buchanan, K., "Compensating for Dimensional Errors Encountered in
Stereolithography", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina,
1990.

Kirschman, C. F., Jara-Almonte, C. C., Bagchi, A., Dooley, R. L., and
Ogale, A. A., "Computer Aided Design of Support Structures for
Stereolithographic Components", Proceedings of 1991 ASME Computers in
Engineering Conference, Santa Clara, CA, pp. 443-448, August 1991.

Chalasani, K. L., Grogan, B. N., Bagchi, A., Jara-Almonte, C. C., Ogale, A.
A., and Dooley, R. L., "An Algorithm to Slice 3D Shapes for Reconstruction
in Prototyping Systems", Proceedings of 1991 ASME Computers in Engineering
Conference, Santa Clara, CA, pp. 209-216, August 1991.

Chalasani, K. L., "Development and Implementation of Slicing Algorithms
for Rapid Prototyping", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South
Carolina, 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., Jara-Almonte, C. C., Bagchi, A., Dooley, R. L., and
Ogale, A. A., "The Clemson Intelligent Design Environment for
Stereolithography" Proceedings of the Second International Conference on
Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., Jara-Almonte, C. C., Bagchi, A., Dooley, R. L., and
Ogale, A. A., "Stereolithographic Support Structure Design for Rapid
Prototyping" Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Rapid
Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., "Automated Support Structure Design For
Stereolithographic Parts", Master of Science Thesis, Clemson University,
Clemson SC, 1991.

Jara-Almonte, C. C., Bagchi, A., Dooley, R. L., and Ogale, A. A., "A
Design Environment for Rapid Prototyping", Proceedings of ASME Winter
Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, Nov. 1990.

Schumacher, B, "Evaluating Surface, Form, and Dimensional Characteristics
for Stereolithography Production", Undergraduate Thesis, Clemson
University, Clemson, South Carolina, June 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., Persall, E., Jara-Almonte, C. C., "CIDES User's Guide",
Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina, June 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., Persall, E., Jara-Almonte, C. C., "CIDES User's Guide,
Student Version", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina,
June 1991.

Kirschman, C. F., "CIDES Tutorial", Clemson University IDeRP Lab,
Clemson, South Carolina, June 1991.

Ogale, A. A., Renault, T., Dooley, R. L., Bagchi, A., and Jara-Almonte, C.
C., "3-D Photolithography for Composite Development: Discontinuous
Reinforcements", SAMPE Quarterly, V23 N1, Oct. 1991, pp 28-38.

Ogale, A. A., Renault, T. Mattison, C., "3-D Photolithography: Influence of
Reinforcements on Photocuring", AIChE, 1991.

Stitler, M., "3-Dimensional Packing of the Stereolithography Apparatus Vat
Space", Clemson University IDeRP Lab, Clemson, South Carolina, 1992.

Renault, T., "3-D Photolithography for Composite Development ", Master of
Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 1991.

Ogale, A. A., Renault, T., Dooley, R. L., Bagchi, A., and Jara-Almonte, C.
C., "3-D Photolithography: Mechanical Properties of Glass and Quartz Fiber
Composites" ANTEC'92.

Renault, T., Ogale, A. A., "3-D Photolithography: Mechanical Properties of
Glass and Quartz Fiber Composites", Proceeding of the First Annual
Conference on Transport Phenomena in Processing", Hawaii, 1992.

Vouzelaud, F. A., Bagchi, A. " Adaptive Laminated Machining of Prototype
Dies and Molds: Parts 1 and II", Journal of Engineering for Industry.

Chalasani, K. L. and Bagchi, A. " On a Slicing Algorithm for Free Form
Fabrication", IEEE Transaction Computer Graphics and Applications,

Chalasani, K. L. and Bagchi, A., "Process Planning Issues in Freeform
Fabrication", Quality Assurance through Integration of Manufacturing
Processes and Systems, ASME-WAM, November, 1992.

Barlage, W. B., Jara-Almonte, C. C., Bagchi, A., Ogale, A., Dooley, R. L.,
"Fibers/Resin Composite manufacturing Using Solid Freeform Fabrication",
Proceeding of the Third International Conference of Rapid Prototyping,
Dayton, OH, June, 1992.

M. F. Coughlin, "An Investigation of Embedded Sensors in Stereolithographic
Components", ME 415 Honors Project, Clemson University, Clemson, December,
1992.

Vouzelaud, F. A., Bagchi, A., Sferro, P. F., " Adaptive Laminated Machining
for Prototype Dies and Molds: Parts 1 and II", Proceedings of the 3rd
Symposium on Solid Freeform Fabrication, Austin, TX, August, 1992.

Vouzelaud, F., Bagchi, A., "Offset of Two Dimensional Countours for Rough
Machining" ASME, 1993.

Kirschman, C. F. ,Jara-Almonte, C. C., " A Parallel Slicing Algorithm for
Solid Freeform Fabrication Processes", Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on
Solid Freeform Fabrication, Austin, TX, August, 1992.

   Nau, W.H., "Embedding Sensors Using Stereolithography", Master of
Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 1991.

Nau, W.H., Dooley, R. L., "Embedding Sensors Using Stereolithography",
Proceeding of the Fourth International Conference of Rapid Prototyping,
Dayton, OH, June, 1993.

Renault, T., Ogale, A. A., Drews, M., "Influence of Reinforcements on
Photocuring: Photo Dynamic Mechanical Analysis" , ANTEC, 1993.

Charan, R., Bagchi, A., Renault, T., Ogale, A., " Fabrication of Composite
Prototypes by 3-D Photolithography", Proceeding of the Fourth International
Conference of Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June, 1993.

Charan, R., Renault, T., Ogale, A., Bagchi, A., " Automated Fiber
Reinforced Composite Prototypes", Proceeding of the Fifth International
Conference of Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June, 1994.

Jayaram, D., "Benchmarking if Rapid PrototypingSystems: Beginning to Set
Standards.", Master of Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC,
1994.

Vuyyuru, P., "A nurbs Based Approach to Rapid Prototyping", Master of
Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC, 1994.

Bablani, M., "Quantification of Surface Errors and Determination of
Preferred Orientation of Parts in Sterelithography", Master of Science
Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC, 1995.

Frank, D., and Fadel,G., "Preferred Direction of Build for Rapid
Prototyping Processes", Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference
on Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June 1994.

Ganesan,M. , and Fadel, G., "Hollowing Rapid Prototyping Parts Using
Offsetting Techniques", Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference
on Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June 1994.

Kirschman,C. F., and Jara-Almonte, C. C., "A Parallel Slicing Algorithm
for Solid Freeform Fabrication Processes", Proceedings of the 1992 Solid
Freeform Fabrication Symposium , Austin, TX, August 3-5, 1992.

Vuyyuru, P., Kirschman, C., Fadel, G., Bagchi, A., and Jara-Almonte,C.
C., "A NURBS-Based Approach for Rapid Product Realization", Proceedings of
the Fifth International Conference on Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June
1994.

Wodziak, J., Fadel, G., and Kirschman, C., "A Genetic Algorithm For
Optimizing Multiple Part Placement To Reduce Build Time", Proceedings of
the Fifth International Conference on Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June
1994.

Bablani, M. and Bagchi, A., "Quantification of Errors in Rapid Prototyping
Processes, and Determination of Preferred Orientation of Parts,"
Transactions of the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of
SME, VOL. XXIII, May 1995, Houghton, MI, pp 319-324.

G. Fadel, D. Crane, L. Dooley and R. Geist, "A Link between Virtual and
Physical Prototyping" Presented at the SME Rapid Prototyping and
Manufacturing Conference, Detroit, Mi, May 2-4, 1995, Proceedings of the
SME RP conference, May 1995

G. Fadel, D. Crane, L. Dooley and R. Geist, "Support Structure
Visualization in Virtual Reality" Proceedings of the Sixth International
Conference on Rapid Prototyping, Dayton, OH, June 1995.

Wodziak, J. R., Fadel, G. M., "Packing and Optimizing the Center of Gravity
Location using a Genetic Algorithm",Submitted to the Journal of Computers
in Industry, December, 1994

Wodziak, J. R., "Optimal Packing Utilizing Genetic Algorithms", Master of
Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC, 1993.

Monroe, L., "Modification of Stereolithography Resins for Modelling Medical
Materials", Master of Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC, 1993.

Hall, G., A Research Test Bed for Implant Design", Master of Science
Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson SC, 1994.

Townsend, J., "Construction and Characterization of Honeycombs Built Using
Stereolithography", Master of Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson
SC, 1992.

Jenescu, C., "Enhancement of Fiber Content in 3-D Composite
Photolithography", Master of Science Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson
SC, 1994.

McLawvin, J., " Processing Carbon Fiber Reinforced Resins by 3-D
Photolithography", High School Honors Program, 1995.

Newsome, K., Kirstein, J., "Characterization of the Rapid Prototyping Build
Process",IE Project, 1995.

Liable, U., "Dimersional Control and Evaluation of Rapid Prototyping
Processes", Diploma, 1995.

Deckard, C. "Improved Energy Delivery for Sleective Laser Sintering",
Proceedings of the Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium , Austin, TX, 1995.

Kennedy, W. J. "Preliminary work toward the development of a dimensional
tolerance standard for rapid prototyping" Faculty Fellowship Report, NASA,
August 4, l995.

M. Rajagopalan, "An Approach to CAD Interface for Stereolithography Using
Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines", MS Thesis, Clemson University, Clemson,
USA, May 1992.

Morvan, Stephane and Fadel, G., "A VR Environment for Virtual
Prototyping and Editing of STL files" Submitted to the ASME Design For
Manufacturing, Symposium, Design Technical Conferences, Irvine, CA,
August 1996.

Morvan, Stephane and Fadel, Georges "IVECES An Interactive Virtual
Environment for the Correction of STL files" Submitted to the SME RP
conference, Dearborn, April 1996.

Fadel, G.M. and Kirschman, C. "Accuracy Issues in CAD to RP Translations"
paper presented at the first Virtual Conference on Rapid Prototyping,
January
1996, submitted to the Journal of Rapid Prototyping.