Re: gif to iges

From: Greg Pettengill (greg_p@indirect.com)
Date: Wed May 01 1996 - 16:46:01 EEST

Todd Reese wrote:
> i'll give it a shot. i've got a shape that, right now, only exists in gif
> format.....if i can get it into my cad system, i'll extrude the shape and
> build my part.

It might be better if you imported the gif file as is into your CAD system,
and then draw polylines around the shapes that you want to extrude. I say
this because tracing programs tend to generate a LOT of line segments. It
does not make good geometry to extrude from.

Best Regards

--
Greg Pettengill http://www.indirect.com/www/greg_p/index.html
   I do not know if it is true, but I imagine that there are