Re: 2D pixel graphic to 3D wire frame?

From: Ulrich Kliegis (Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de)
Date: Thu May 02 1996 - 13:41:07 EEST

> Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:08:48 -0400
> To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
> From: seidel@vt.edu (Peter Seidel)
> Subject: 2D pixel graphic to 3D wire frame?

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering about the replies to the initial question about such a
> conversion.
A binary discrimination of tissues in CT images is obsolete. You hve
to find the contours in the partial volume, the pixels that represent
just the transitional zone between two areas of different density.
More tricky than it sounds first.

Peter, let me know from what CT system your data come. In the
meantime, you may have a look at my home page for some examples on
what I did in this field:

http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html

Cheers,

Ulli
Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...

Ulrich G. Kliegis
Phone: +49 431 331144
Fax: +49 431 331146

http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html