Re: Using medical CT for RE

From: Erkut Negis (enegis@lynx.dac.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 14 1996 - 05:49:06 EEST

Dear Allan,

At 04:52 PM 5/13/96 PDT, you wrote:
>There has been considerable progress made in this area by ARACOR.
I think so.

>They operate a high precision (25 micron) industrial CT scanner...

I think that the number of medical scanners installed in the world must be
much more higher than that of industrial scanners. So, if the original idea
works, one can simply pay a hourly fee to a hospital which has a CT scanner
and closest to his office location. Working in this way might be easier and
less costly than using industrial CT scanners.

I understand that medical scanners is not as accurate as industrial scanners
but there should be some applications where these can be appropriate for RE?

Best Regards

Erkut Negis

New Silkroad Int'l, Inc. Phone : (617) 730-9512
75 Saint Alphonsus St. #301 Fax : (617) 734-3128
Boston, MA 02120 E-Mail: enegis@lynx.neu.edu