SLA 250 laser

From: jphgvv@shadow.net
Date: Fri May 17 1996 - 03:43:53 EEST

attached mail follows:

We have been doing more remelts also lately. We have put in a UPS system
put I do not think that that is a driving issue. We do remelts when we
notice the power starting to drop a couple mW. The power has been between
26 and 30 since new. We have not see substantial variation just a gradual
degrading which is brought back up with 1 or 2 remelts. So far we have
remelted approximately 10 times in the 2000 hours. Power currently is 29
mW. The time is not bad since it is not a computer controlled function, I
remelt while bringing the build files over the network. As for the smell,
Lynda hates it but my nose has been broken too many times. I will continue
to remelt often as it seem to help keep power up and steady. When I see
power drop to 27 mW I remelt before next build. Double remelts seem to
help also although I do not have data to back it up.

Lee Humphrey
Lockheed Martin - Orlando
lee_humphrey@ccmail.orl.mmc.com