Re: Cast Tooling

From: Don Wilde (don@partsnow.com)
Date: Fri May 31 1996 - 00:15:05 EEST

Hi, Terry -

   We use both our ceramic positives (dipped in thin epoxy) and aluminum
first articles as tooling, and also do tool steel dies and patterns. Can't
say publicly who the customers have been but we are getting very good at
this, and do it on a regular basis using sand, as well as plaster, rubber
and other takeoffs.

   Parts Now (our Soligen service subsidiary) regularly makes
medium-production tooling for various customers, including one tool maker
who is outsourcing his entire next-generation product line casings to us
and our ALTOP sand foundry. We are also doing cores and flow-test
cylinder heads for unnameable automotive customers.

   Anybody who wants more information or a quote just e-mail to me at
info@partsnow.com and anonymous ftp your STL files to partsnow.com with
your e-mail address as pwd.

    oooOOO O O O o * * * * * *
   o ___
   V_=_=_DW ===--- Don Wilde [ don@PartsNow.com ]
  /oo0000oo-oo--oo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo