scanning needed!

From: Ron Jamieson (Ron.Jamieson@ncl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 07 1996 - 12:23:52 EEST

Hi, 7/6/96

All this talk of reverse engineering has coincided with an urgent job
I have.Does anyone have any experience in laser scanning objects such as wings
with an aspect ratio of 1 * 1.5 metres? My concern is with the
vertical stifferners which are 25mm wide and 50mm deep and similar
angular lumps sticking out of the fuselage. Is laser
scanning the best solution to reverse engineer such an object? also
what formats can I get the data in? and finally who has the capacity
for an object of this size?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ron.Jamieson