Re: digitizing

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@chaph.usc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 07 1996 - 15:09:48 EEST

Gabby Kroes wrote:

> Does somebody has experience with these kind of
> problems and can help us with suggestion to get the best solution?

Once again, I think it depends on the type of parts you're working with. This includes:
* what's the size of smallest and largest features?
* are the parts heavily contoured or more prismatic?
* can you bring the part to the measurement system, or do you have to do the digitizing in
the field?
* what software tools are available to you for manipulating the point data?
* what accuracy is required?
* what types of materials are you working with? can you touch them? what is the surface
finish?
* is there digitizing to be done on the inside of cavities or other difficult to reach
places?

That's all I can think of right now, but there must be more...

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.