RE: Zephyr Recoater on SLA

From: Steve Deak (ht-grp@gs1.cinti.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 1996 - 16:56:52 EEST

>>Steve / Kamesh,
>>We have received our zephyr upgrade for our SLA500 and have been told by
>>3DSystems field service to delay the installation until "bug fixes" are
>>implemented into the software. To date, the details as to what the exact
>>problems are have not been explained to us but we have the upgrade sitting
>>on our receiving dock ... waiting.
>>
>>Have you heard any details that might correlate your crashes to software
>>bugs? Thanks.
>>
>>Dan Sammons
>>Design Prototyping Technologies
>>315-434-1869 voice

Dan:

I can only speak for the "phantom" blade crash problem with 1.7.4.2
buildstation software (SLA500/30H, no zephyr) and the e-prom replacement.

The short-term fix without e-prom replacement is to reload 1.7.4
buildstation file cfab.exe to directory c:\slahome (I renamed the current
one "cfab.pre" to keep a copy of the way things used to be).

This defeats the "restart" build option, I think, among other things.
However, in the short term, you get to run the machine. I'm not sure this
works for 1.8 buildstation hangups.

When the e-prom was replaced, I deleted the 1.7.4 cfab.exe and replaced it
with the 1.7.4.2 cfab.exe (conveniently renamed cfab.pre as noted above).

I recommend calling Dan Money , 3D Systems in Detriot(810-489-0200) for more
details about your specific situation (that's my "Hold Harmless"
disclaimer!!). I'd call him even if you have another 3D Systems district
service manager.

Good Luck
Steve Deak
Hasbro Toy Group ht-grp@cinti.net