RE: Bumpy Surface on SLA parts

From: Kamesh Tata (ktata@proex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 1996 - 01:34:22 EEST

----------
From: Victor Devadas[SMTP:victor@sirim1.sirim.my]

I am an SLA user, for the past 1 year. The resin used is the SL5170. ................bottom surface in contact with the supports appear to be bumpy. I have reduced the hatch spacing (Box) to .05mm .............

Victor,
0.05 mm hatch spacing is very tight and would typically result in over-exposure. In your case, it doesn't seem so. Bumpy bottoms are almost always due to inadequate exposure that might result from any of the following.
1. Lack of skinfills
2. Low hatch overcures
3. Wrong Ec & Dp values
4. Actual power at the vat is lower than the value reported by the profilers.
5. Supports are not going deep enough into the part.

I am sure you must have checked some or most of the above. If the problem persists, please feel free to give me a call at 847-925-9900. I don't know if I can provide you a solution but we can work together and learn together.

Kamesh