research interests

From: Song Wei_Qian (wsong@swin.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jul 10 1996 - 04:00:12 EEST

Dear Everyone,

I have got the lucky and difficult position of having a fair say in
what I will do for my Ph.D.thesis. I am highly Interested in Rapid
Prototyping technologies for plastic injection moulding and would
like to do my thesis in this area. I would be able to arrange to do
some testing on a FDM machine.

My background suggests I do something on the materials to the FDM
processes, metal-coating of conventional FDM prototype and new
conversion technologies.

I have been reading papers from the proceedings of the European and
International Conferences on Rapid Prototyping but I am finding it
hard to see what really needs to be done or areas of research that
need investigating and that I would be able to follow up in.

I am thus looking for suggestions for my topics, or pointers to
papers that focus on delineating what needs to be done in the field.

Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

William Song

I.R.I.S centre

P.O.Box 218
Hawthorn Vic.3122