RE: sanders prototype

From: Connelly, Rob - BDRC (connelly@bdrc.bd.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 1996 - 18:10:51 EEST

>Dear rpml'ers,
> My company is doing an evaluation on different types of desktop proto-
>typing systems. Has anyone had any experience with their mm-6 pro system?
>Any information will be greatly appreciated.

> Vince Jesus
> Sr. Model Maker
> Fluke Corporation
> jesus@tc.fluke.com

Vince,

We just recently bought one of those puppies here at BD, and we have been
pretty pleased with it so far. Our products and tooling components are
pretty tiny, with lots of small features that cause problems for many RP
systems. I am building components down to layer thicknesses of 0.0005
inches! If your parts are no bigger than an inch in any direction - perfect
choice. If you are looking at 2 inches - it gets slow. Over three inches
and you might be disappointed with the speed TODAY. Sanders is working
pretty hard to get faster and faster, so stay tuned.

If you want to talk about it more, call or email anytime and I'll give you
more of the scoop or connect you with more powerful users than myself.

 - Rob
Rob Connelly
Becton Dickinson Research Center
919-990-2263