Converting Scan Data to Solid Models

From: Greg Pettengill (greg_p@indirect.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 1996 - 22:29:21 EEST

Hello RP World,

I have a client that wants to convert scanned organic shapes into
solid CAD models or surface models that can be used in a CAM system.
What kind of software would you recommend to do this and why?

Best Regards

--
Greg Pettengill
greg_p@indirect.com

I do not know if it is true, but I imagine that there are scientists who, by following the paths of the so-called "cold" intellect -possibly without being aware of it- are plumbing the depths of a mystery rather than searching for the solution to a problem... M.C. Escher http://www.indirect.com/www/greg_p/index.html