Re: Converting Scan Data to Sol

From: BAU (BAU@biba.uni-bremen.de)
Date: Mon Jul 29 1996 - 10:48:24 EEST

>Hello RP World,

>I have a client that wants to convert scanned organic shapes into
>solid CAD models or surface models that can be used in a CAM system.
>What kind of software would you recommend to do this and why?

Greg,

Converting points to surface models is a difficult and time consuming
task.

Here at BIBA, we developed something simple:
A software that could create a solid polyedrical model (.stl) out of
incomplete point data.
However, the model is still inaccurate, depending on the point data
input. But you get a solid model immediatley, e.g. for "solid
hardprinting".

For more information, look at
//www.biba.uni-bremen.de/groups/rp/rp_soft.html
or ask Marcus Joppe at jop@biba.uni-bremen.de

;-) Gruss, Juergen
With kind regards, Juergen Bauer

Dipl. Ing. Juergen Bauer, Bremen Institute of Industrial Technology and
Applied Work Science (BIBA), P.O. Box 33 05 60, 28 335 Bremen,
Germany,
Phone: +49/421/218-5595, Fax: +49/421/218-5510, Email:
bau@biba.uni-bremen.de,
http://www.biba.uni-bremen.de/users/bau/bau.html