RP Injection Molds

From: Steve Deak (ht-grp@gs1.cinti.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 1996 - 17:47:22 EEST

Does anyone use SLS composite nylon or Tru-form for injection mold
tooling? I am using SL epoxy ACES molds and would like to know if the
higher heat deflection temperatures of SLS materials are of benefit for
prototype injection molds.

I'm making small lot sizes( <20 pieces; polypropylene, ABS, styrene, etc)
with good results from the SL tools but would like to look into other RP
tool methods. I would like to avoid internal water line cooling.
Additionally, I am interested in avoiding metal tooling which may require
copper infiltration/heat treat.

Steve Deak E-mail: ht-grp@cinti.net
Manager-RP Services Voice: (513) 579-3270
Hasbro Toy Group Fax: (513) 579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, OH 45202 "Our Business is Fun!"
USA