Re: bintoasci

From: Doug Mitchell (dmitchel@ford.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 1996 - 14:54:17 EEST

On Aug 7, 9:15am, Mr C.C. Ainsley wrote:
> Subject: bintoasci
> Hi everbody
> I was wondering if any body out there knows how to convert
> a binary STL file into a ASCI STL file ?
>
> Thanks
> chris
> ainsley@liverpool.ac.uk
>-- End of excerpt from Mr C.C. Ainsley

Chris,

If I recall, you can specify this in the 3dverify program. The format
is:

3dverify -vtl {file} {a|b|s}

Where a=ascii, b=binary, s=STL file format?

Use the command 3dverify -help to list all of the qualifiers.

If you don't have 3verify, you can also use some of the aftermarket
programs to generate an ASCII file, such as Imageware's Surfacer.

Doug Mitchell
Ford Motor Company