3D model creation of LARGE objects manual?

From: Mats Jansson (mjansson@agathon.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 1996 - 23:48:00 EEST

I'm new to the list, so pardon me if this doesn't fit.

Me and my partner have developed a new process of creating 3D models
directly from a
CAD drawing. What's new about this??? Well, our process is specifically
oriented
to producing RP's for very large objects, say cars, boats, aerospace, etc. We
think, though we don't know for sure, that most prototypes for very large models
are still created more or less by hand. Is this correct? Do any of you know of
service bureaus specializing in this (even if it is by hand)? We think our
machine/system might appeal to those kinds of service bureaus. By large, we
mean
> 3x3 ft, up to "americas cup" size boats.

Mats Jansson
shapeWORKS
mjansson@agathon.com
415-780-9039