Automatic split line creation (3D CAD software)

From: Simon van de Crommert (svdc@innotts.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 15 1996 - 22:36:22 EEST

I am currently looking for 3D CAD software that can automatically create a
split line, the only one that I came accross that does the job is
ProEngineer with the ProMold module.

After creating a 3D part we would like to produce 2 mould halves (to make
an injection moulding tool). These mould halves need to maintain links with
the original part, i.e. if the original 3D part is modified
(adding/deleting features) the 2 mould halves should be automatically
updated.

Currently I am using the original part as cutter part to produce both mould
halves, any other experiences or suggestions?

Simon van de Crommert
42 Burrows Avenue
Beeston
Nottingham