Announcement

From: AZPR@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 19 1996 - 23:04:03 EEST

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 16, 1996

Agency Loren Werner Company H. Curtis Peel
Contact 602/592-9089 Contact 810/585-7880

CUBITAL ANNOUNCES SALE OF SGC 5600 RAPID PROTOTYPER TO TOLEDO MOLDING &
DIE, INC.

Full Service Rapid Prototyping, Tooling and Injection Molding Firm Gets
Second Cubital Rapid Prototyping Machine

        Troy, MI – Cubital America, Inc. today announced the sale of one of the
company’s top-of-the-line SGC 5600 three dimensional modeling making systems
to Toledo Molding & Die, Inc., an injection molder and full service designer
and developer of rapid prototyping (RP) parts and tooling. Toledo Molding &
Die, Inc. is a tier one and tier two supplier to major domestic and
international automobile manufacturers, and also functions as a rapid
prototyping and tooling development service bureau to a wide variety of
industry clients.

         "After building more than 560,000 layers, which averages more than 4,000
large, medium and small parts per year, over the three years we have had our
first Cubital machine," says Mel E. Harbaugh, Executive Vice President of
Toledo Molding & Die, Inc., "we are completely confident that our second
Cubital SGC 5600 will deliver the throughput speed, model accuracy and
durability, and reliability we want.

        "Running our first Cubital machine three shifts, including weekends when
necessary, it has taken three years for the volume of our business to
completely catch up with the full production capacity of our existing Cubital
machine. Since we pride ourselves on guaranteeing delivery of rapid
prototyping parts in one week, it is now time to expand our rapid prototyping
production capacity so that we can still maintain our one week delivery
guarantee for our clients."

        Throughput speed played a major role in the decision by the Toledo-based
firm to acquire a second Cubital system. The Cubital SGC 5600 delivers from
three to eight times the throughput of any other competitor’s top-of-the-line
system.

         Additionally, when evaluating rapid prototypers, Toledo Molding & Die, Inc.
liked the large 20"x14"x20" build area of the Cubital machine. This large
working area permits the company to build bigger parts when necessary, or to
fill the area with a number of smaller parts to maximize the throughput per
run.

        The basis for the SGC 5600’s high throughput rates lies in the system’s
Solid Ground Curing (SGC technology). Unlike the Stereolithographic (SL)
technology of competitors’ systems whose serial functionality limits
throughput, Cubital’s SGC methodology permits the SGC 5600 to operate in a
parallel, dual-tasking mode. While SL systems are throughput-limited because
they can only cure one photopolymer liquid dot at a time, Cubital’s SGC
technology permits flash curing an entire model layer in a single exposure to
a powerful UV light source shined through a photo-mask. Speed is enhanced by
the dual-tasking capability, which permits the SGC 5600 to create a
photo-mask for the next model layer while curing the current model layer.

        "Speed to meet production requirements remains important," explains
Harbaugh, "but it isn’t our only concern. Model accuracy is just as
important, and so is the production feasibility of the parts we build. The
Cubital machine builds self-supporting parts to very good tolerances. Beyond
that, before we release any parts to our clients, our technical staff tests
each part, and evaluates the customer’s part design for production
feasibility. If the customer’s part design can’t be used in a production
environment, we let our clients know we think the part requires
modification."

Built on a Tradition of Excellence

         Cubital Ltd., parent company of Cubital America, Inc., was founded in
Israel in 1987. Cubital’s SGC product line of rapid prototyping systems was
developed through research conducted at Scitex Corporation, Ltd., an Israeli
company known for its outstanding image processing technology. Scitex
invested over one hundred man years of research and $13 million to develop
the technology that makes Cubital’s SGC possible.

        Recognition of Cubital’s outstanding technology has led to acceptance of the
SGC product line worldwide. In addition to its headquarters in Israel, and
operations in the United States, Cubital has an office in Germany, and has
sales representatives in the Asian Rim. In the United States, some of
Cubital’s larger customers include Ford Motor company, Toledo Molding & Die,
Inc., Compression Inc., Allied Signal Aerospace, and General Motors Midsize
Car Division.

        Today, Cubital leads the industry in production rapid prototyping
throughput. Based on UV light-activated Solid Ground Curing (SGC)
technology, Cubital systems provide a number of advantages over competing
systems utilizing Stereolithographic (SL) technology. Cubital systems deliver
throughput at three to eight times that available from SL-based systems. In
part, this speed advantage arises from the ability of the SGC-based systems
to operate in dual-process mode, literally forming the photo-mask for the
next model layer while simultaneously curing the current layer. The 5600’s
SGC technology also produces self-supporting models, eliminating the need to
add support structures.

        Beyond pure performance advantages, Cubital’s systems provide outstanding
price/performance. This is because Cubital systems are priced competitively
with laser-based rapid prototyping systems, while providing several times the
model building speed. Additionally, unlike SL-based systems, Cubital’s
systems have no requirement to replace expensive lasers.

              Cubital holds U.S. and Israeli patents on its unique Solid
Ground Curing technology, with European and Japanese patents pending.

        Cubital SGC Data Front Ends are designed to accept input from most standard
CAD file formats.

        For more information about Cubital, its products and marketplace, contact
Curtis Peel at 810/585-7880, and visit Cubital’s worldwide web site on the
Internet (http://www.cubital.com/cubital/). For editorial liaison, contact
Loren Werner, A-Z PR, 602/592-9089 (e-mail: azpr@aol.com or web site
http://ypo.com/azpr/).