Researching the rp-ml archives

From: Joe Frantz (jfrantz@frantzind.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 1996 - 23:25:28 EEST

It took some playing around with and a lot of computer connect time, but we
found a way to keyword search the rp-ml archives including the complete
bodies of all the e-mails. We downloaded all the archives, converted them
into one large text file (4.25 Megs) and wrote it onto a CD ROM so that
anyone in the office could use it. Now we can use any word processing
program to do a keyword or phrase search on the archives to locate any place
that a company name, process, etc. shows up.

Originally we tried to do this using some of the standard www search
engines, but they were only able to search the titles and subjects. It
makes a great library for researching past correspondence on problems and
solutions, companies, rapid processes, software, secondary applications, etc.
| Rapid Tooling & Injection Molding |
| |
| 45 Pleasant Drive Telephone: (216) 247-2202 |
| Chagrin Falls, Ohio Facsimile: (216) 247-2294 |
| 44022-3025 E-mail: jfrantz@frantzind.com |