Re: Re: Researching the rp-ml archives

From: Joe Frantz (jfrantz@frantzind.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 1996 - 20:32:20 EEST

Ian Gibson Wrote

I hate to say it but I think you have wasted your efforts.

I've just tried searches for companies (I chose 'Lone Peak Engineering') and
processes (I tried 'rp-ml MJM') using the HotBot www search engine
(www.hotbot.com). I got results from the main body text in both instances.
In addition, I got the thread related to each topic of conversation and
links to the next and previous message. Presumably the other advantage will
be this info will update whenever the rp-ml archives are updated.

To Ian:

Thank you for your help, but I am still not getting complete results using
HotBot. I tried it the first time that you had suggested it and had more
hits than the other search engines, but it did not return some rp-ml e-mails
that I knew contained the keyword. For example, I just ran the same search
that you ran (rp-ml MJM). Although it did come back with a number of hits,
your current letter which is in the archives and contains "MJM" in its body
did not appear.

I would be very interested in learning how the search engines catagorize
information and make it available for searches.

FRANTZ IDUSTRIES, INC.
Rapid Tooling & Injection Molding
45 Pleasant Drive
Chagrin Falls, Ohio