(no subject)

From: R. Scavone/S. Fichera (cachi@dibe.unige.it)
Date: Thu Sep 05 1996 - 11:29:26 EEST

Hi everybody,
I write to you because I'm interested about bone's modelling using the RP tecnologies.
 Unfortunately I know little about this matter.
My goal is to reproduce bones in their real size using ceramic material.
 My idea is to apply technics used in the ceramic founderies;
 therefore what I need is a die (mould) for ceramic casting.
 In order to obtain such a mould, I'm trying to create a resin prototype by a 3-D System machine.
 Now my first aim is to create STL files from TAC image datas.
Do you have any suggestion or material that could help me?
Do you know If there are some commercial or shareware programs that I can use for my purposes?
I'm interested to contact peoples that work in the same area for ideas exchange.

Regards,

Riccardo.

Riccardo Scavone Voice: +39 10 3532789
Biolab. Universita' di Genova Fax: +39 10 3532948
V.le F. Causa, 13 email:cachi@carol.dist.unige.it
16145 Genova Italia