Re: Part classification

From: Brian David Vanhiel (gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 30 1996 - 17:48:18 EEST

Jim-

I am doing research here at Georgia Tech, and like Charles I am working
on a selection algorithm for rapid prototyping and rapid tooling.
Rather than focusing on the process, I am more interested in the
results: a prototype part. I am specifically interested in prototyping for
products that will be manufactured using an injection molded plastic process.

What I am interested in is the characterization of various RP systems. I
need build time and cost estimators. I would appreciate information
regarding an estimator for use in validating my own characterization of
the process (I would appreciate information from anyone). We have a
build estimator for SLA, but I would appreciate information with regards
to cubital, SLS, LOM, and Sanders etc.

Brian David VanHiel
340193 Georgia Tech Station
e-mail: gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu