Re: medical uses of rpml

From: Kathleen G. Specht (kspecht@bgnet.bgsu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 1996 - 15:05:12 EEST

> I would like to know what type of program is necessary to convert
>CT (computer tomography) images to the *.stl files the SLA needs. Also
>where can i get it from.

I know of several different companies and universities, including
ourselves, that have created their own software to convert CT scans for
stereolithography.
The only one I know of that is commercially available is from Materialise.
They can be reached by contacting Mark Bliek at 313-662-5057 or
soft@materialise.com
Alternatively there are a number of service bureaus that can do the
conversion and send the .sli or .stl file back to you if you'd rather print
it yourself. Most times .sli files are used rather than .stl since the data
is already in a sliced format.

Spectra Group Limited
kspecht@bgnet.bgsu.edu
419-891-9767