Re[2]: Scanned Drawings

From: Mose Necchio (mose@eur.autodesk.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 1996 - 12:11:01 EEST

        Further suggestion is to take a look of an AutoCAD thirth party
     application, like "CAD Overlay", GTX Raster CAD, Rasterex, etc.

     Mose'
Subject: Re: Scanned Drawings

At 14:40 22.10.1996 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for software that will take a scanned image (.TIF, .GIF, etc.)
and
>manipulate it into a .DXF or similar CAD file. My objective is to be able to
>scan a drawing or picture, manipulate as necessary and plot. Any suggestions?
>
>Mike

Dear Mike,

I've made rather good experience with the tracer of CorelDraw. With this
software I've generated some logos of presentations or internal events as
physical parts (with stereolithography).