intergraph tracing software

From: Narva, Jeffrey P. (narvaj@po5.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Oct 23 1996 - 14:28:00 EEST

>I am looking for software that will take a scanned image (.TIF, .GIF, etc.)
>and
>manipulate it into a .DXF or similar CAD file. My objective is to be able
>scan a drawing or picture, manipulate as necessary and plot. Any
suggestions?

>Mike

Intergraph has a package called "EMS Revise". I believe it is available on
either a Clipper workstation or on the SGI version of EMS. Basically you
can scan the picture in and then trace over the picture using the "normal"
EMS software then translate it out in IGES, DXF or 1 or 2 other formats.
 Hope this helps.

                    Jeff Narva
                    narvaj@p05.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil
                    (317) 306-3262