Build Time Estimator

From: Joel Edward McClurkin (gt2506a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 28 1996 - 23:11:30 EET

I am a Graduate Research Assisstant at the Georgia Tech Rapid Prototyping
Lab. Recently I completed a beta version of a build time estimator for
use over the world wide web. It works very well in our lab for our SLA
250. Most of the time it is within 2-3% accurate. I am trying to get
other people to use my estimator to see if it as accurate for other
machines, and if not, how to correct these discrepencies. This program
requires that the .STL file be sliced first as it takes the .v and .r
files as input. To use the build time estimator just connect to our web
page at: http://rpmi.marc.gatech.edu and then click on the Build Time
Estimator link on the home page. Instructions should be fairly clear. If
web access is not possible I have compiled versions that run on Sun
Solaris 2.5, IRIX 5.4 for SGI, and Linux for PC. These are available on
our ftp site at ftp rpmi.marc.gatech.edu/pub/OUTGOING/estimator/ Any and
all feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Joel McClurkin
gt2506a@prism.gatech.edu