Re: Solid View software

From: ralott@ccgate.hac.com
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 17:27:50 EET

     I've been using a demo version of Solid View for almost a week and
     find it to be a most valuable tool. It can do to an STL file many of
     the things that an RP operator wishes would have been done in CAD,
     including the ability to separate entities then translate and
     duplicate them individually. It can also do neat tricks like project
     surfaces, which I find useful for increasing the thickness of walls
     that are too thin.

     It's also very easy to do vat layouts with Solid View because the
     software will simulate the build envelope and allow you to arrange
     models within it.

     There are lots of other utilities that enable you to do things like
     measure features or split solids along a plane.

     It runs on a PC. The graphics are very good and viewing controls
     (like zoom, rotate, etc.) are very easy to use.

     These are just some of the RP functions of Solid View. There are many
     more engineering applications I haven't discussed.

     Solid View is a product of Solid Concepts, the people who created
     Bridge Works.