RE: Solid View software

From: Kamesh Tata (ktata@proex.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 1996 - 18:11:45 EET

axiom@vnet.net wrote
>I find it essential software to get the most out of my SLA.

In the past week or so there are several postings on Solidview. There is no doubt that Solidview made our everyday life in the RP world easier and a little more comfortable. Ray Bradford and his staff deserve credit. Ray, if you are reading this mail, I have two wishes.
1. Tool to check tapped volumes. Two good colors to fill & identify solids and holes in your sectioning tool should be sufficient, I guess. (I still use "View" for this purpose because its color combination makes traps very easy to find. But there is a serious drawback in View as it cannot show traps closed at top and bottom.)

2. A handy build time estimator that shows build time for every part laid out as well as total build time and any cool features that you can come up with.

Kamesh Tata
Research Engineer
Plynetics Express, Inc.

(847)925-9900
(847)925-9901 FAX
ktata@proex.com

We Protoype Like There's No Tomorrow!

With merge you can
only build 5 parts with supports. With solidview, you can build as many parts as
you can squeeze onto the platform. And the process of laying them out is much
faster and simpler. It sure helps with laying out a build for the LOM as well.
Too bad the IGES translator doesn't work better.