Another misnomer.

From: pattisow@dtm-corp.com
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 01:04:52 EET

     To The List-

     I couldn't help but notice in the response to the Keltool question
     that it was stated that a stereolithography master is used to generate
     the silicon mold for the powdered metal. While stereolithography has
     understandably become to rapid prototyping what Xerox has become to
     copies, it is nevertheless frustrating when something like this
     occurs. As I am sure the folks from Helisys, Stratysis, Sanders, and
     others, will agree, it is important to note that ANYTHING can be used
     as the master in the Keltool process. If it were accurate enough, a
     wood carving would suffice. This is in no way meant to disparage the
     Keltool process, but merely to point out that it is not inherently
     attached to any specific RP technology.

     Sincerely,
     Will Pattison
     Applications Manager,