Re: Leading Edge or Just Paid Ads?

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Sat Nov 09 1996 - 03:50:32 EET

Lex

Can you give us the name and address of the company so that we can request
copies? If its free, I'll buy it. If you're paying, I may even buy two.

>We received the same invitation, including the obigation for a paid
>advertisement, which indeed made us suspicious about the aims of
>the company.
>
>However, on our request we received an older publication on a different
>subject, which looked very serious indeed. We contacted one of the
>authors of that publication, and he told that he indeed recieved a large
>number of leads from his paper + paid advertisement.
>The publication will be distributed without cost.
>
>So we decided to agree, and in the publication you will find a paper
>and an advertisement on the subject of 'Rapid Prototyping using an
>affordable CNC milling machine'.
>
>I hope it indeed does work out.
>
>Regards
>
>Lex Lennings.

>Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
>Active in CAD/CAM, Rapid Prototyping and NC milling
>Email : info@spline.nl
>Web : http://www.spline.nl

Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

'I know it's more useful, Captain Toothbrush, but you were much more
frightening when you had the hook'