Jewelry Design Software

From: Rolf Hubert (rolf_hubert@msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 1996 - 19:21:54 EET

Sanders Prototype has successfully sold equipment into the jewelry industry.
However, we relied on existing 3d Cad software. The software that is
currently being used in the jewelry industry is Alias, SDRC, ProE, FormZ, and
many others. What the jewelry industry needs is a surface modeller that
creates good solids. A task that was not easily solvable. Some of these
software products create better IGES files and therefore, we had solutions to
create a good stl file.

For those of you who remember when Sanders Prototype tried to get the RP
industry to acknowledge another format "HPGL", a format that has been in
existence for 15 years if not longer. HPGL is true surface data instead of
cord data, and therefore a much better representation of the model surface.
Alias now supports .slc which is slice data or surface data.

We have found a software product which is specific for the jewelry industry
and outputs surface data or HPGL data. The jewelry industry demands slice
thicknesses as low as .0005 inches or .012mm. This is a standard
configuration for the Sanders Model Makers. The software however is key.
This software is designed for the jewelry industry and operates under Windows.

If you are in the jewelry industry and you are interested in a free functional
demonstration, please email me at the following address:

Regards,
Rolf Hubert
Sanders Prototype, Inc.
rhubert@worldnet.att.net
603-654-5100 X230

I don't claim to master the English vocabulary or spell everything correctly.
So if you find some mistakes have fun.