Re: Unsolved problems in RP

From: Mats Jansson (mjansson@agathon.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 20:36:46 EET

Probably size, as far as being able to cost effectively create solid models
directly of size greater than 2 x 2 x 2 ft. Our company uses a two step
process, Topographic Shell Fabrication (TSF), whereby we automatically create a
temporary shell out of sand and wax, that is then used for lay-up, expanding
foam, concrete, etc. Although not directly to solids, our process helps
for a subset of large customer applications.

Regards,

Mats Jansson
Formus

Mats Jansson - LiNK - Redwood City, CA - mjansson@agathon.com