Re: Rapid Tools

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@scf.usc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 06 1996 - 11:59:32 EET

Ingrid Timmel wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with a program called DESK ARTES.
> It is used for fixing, slicing,and spliting STL files.
> It also creates supports for SLA.
> We are receiving a demo and I would like anyone's comments on the >product.

Ingrid,

We have been using Deskartes for a few months now and for our purposes,
it works quite well. We use the LOM process, so I don't have much
experience in the support building capabilities. For repairing problem
files and performing CAD-like operations on valid files (translate,
rotate, mirror, cut, boolean) it is the best I have seen. It also
allows you to read IGES and other "neutral" formats then generate STL.
There are geometry creation tools for building shapes as well.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.