Having Trouble with QuickCast?

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 12:37:38 EET

Greetings,

We would like to propose an alternative to QuickCast. Here at Promau
Engineering in Italy we use an Eosint P350 sintering machine, which
constructs RP parts in polistyrene, and have had good results converting
these parts into metal. With some post-processing (the bane of our lives!)
it is possible to get very smooth surfaces on polistyrene parts, which can
then be used very effectively as patterns and cores for investment casting.
The material behaves very nearly like wax, and several large foundries in
Germany (at the recent EuroMold exhibition) told us they prefer polistyrene
to any other RP pattern material. Some impressive-looking
polistyrene-to-metal parts at the exhibition confirmed this.

If any members of this list wish to try out sintered polistyrene parts as
pattern material for investment casting, we would be happy to provide you
with free samples. Please contact us for more info.

Yakov Horenstein
Promau Engineering srl
155, Strada per Novara
28062 Cameri (NO), ITALY