Re: RP Community

From: Kai Loose (kai@postman.riken.go.jp)
Date: Tue Dec 10 1996 - 07:03:04 EET

At 23:54 96/12/04 -0600, Mike Ervin wrote:
> In looking over the rp-mail list I could not resist pulling it
>into a database and extracting some info. There are 820 in the list now.
>I was able to identify the countries in about 770 of them. The breakdown
>is given below.
>

>USA 498
>Germany 40
>UK 30
>Australia 24
>Singapore 18
>Finland 17
>Canada 15
>Belgium 12
>Norway 11
>Netherlands 11
>Korea 10
>Sweden 8
>Italy 8
>Taiwan 8
>Japan 6
>Others <6 51 15 countries
>
>* The USA distribution was roughly 75% commercial, 22% educational.
>
>You can draw whatever conclusions you choose. One observation from doing
>this over a year ago is that Australia, Singapore, and Belgium have
>jumped the most on a percentage basis.

Hello from the Far East,

to those who love statistics: to date, the Rapid Prototyping from Japan
(rpjp) mail list has 39 subscribers. The rpjp mail list is linked to the
rp-ml so allowing us here in Japan to participate in the rp-ml.

Regards,
Kai Loose

Dipl.-Ing. Kai Loose
Department of Research Fundamentals Technology
The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN)
e-mail: kai@postman.riken.go.jp