Announce, Commercial: Okino's "PolyTrans" now handles bidirectional .STL translations

From: Robert Lansdale (lansd@okino.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 18:28:51 EET

various
3d file formats back and forth to .STL, I would like to announce that
the latest revision of our "PolyTrans" 3d translation software now
supports both full import and export of STL files, including
binary + ASCII support, welding operations and the ability to load
in files with greater than 3 vertices per polygon. In addition, our
"NuGraf Rendering System" software (the older brother of PolyTrans)
can visualization STL files with output of photo-realistic images.

As some background, PolyTrans is a powerful 3d model translation and
viewing program for Microsoft Windows/SUN/SGI that translates every
aspect of a 3d model between many industry standard file formats. These
include Alias Triangle, 3DMF, 3D Studio, DXF, DirectX, IGES, Imagine,
Lightwave, Pro/E .slp, SoftImage, STL, Strata StudioPro v1.75,
Renderman RIB, trueSpace, USGS DEM, VistaPro DEM, VRML 1.0/2.0 and
Wavefront. All are complete implementations of their respective file
format. Each converter will translate all geometry (meshed polygons
with recursive holes, NURB/bicubic patches and quadrics), object
hierarchy, pivot points, vertex normals, texture coordinates, all
texture parameters & bitmaps, U/V tangent vectors, lights, cameras
and all texture projection methods. Converted models are "Render Ready",
requiring little or no tweaking to produce faithful rendered images.

For those interested, demonstration versions are available on the
Okino WEB site listed below.

Regards,

Robert C. Lansdale
Okino Computer Graphics

   Robert C. Lansdale Okino Computer Graphics, Inc.
   lansd@okino.com 6271 Dorman Road, Unit # 6
   Tel: (905) 672-9328 Mississauga, Ontario. L4V 1H1
   FAX: (905) 672-2706 http://www.okino.com

NuGraf Rendering System for Windows (http://www.okino.com/nrs/nrs.htm)
PolyTrans 3D Model Translator (http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm)
NuGraf Developer's 3D Toolkit (http://www.okino.com/toolkit/toolkit.htm)