Re: Looking for Elastomeric SLA materials

From: M. Burns (marshall@ennex.com) ((marshall@ennex.com))
Date: Tue Dec 17 1996 - 07:56:21 EET

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Bill Noack wrote:
> simulate an elastomer of 40 or 50 durometer. Is anyone developing or
> currently selling something without going through a soft tooling

Dear Bill,

     On a recent trip to Japan, I saw some really interesting soft,
flexible material fabricated on a commercial laser curing (i.e.
SLA-like) device. The material is not yet commercial, and won't likely be
available in the US for quite some time, which is a pity.

     In my sample bag, I have a piece of "spongey" material that I got
from DTM several years ago, made on the Sinterstation. But I've never seen
anything about a commercial offering of this material or technique.

     Du Pont, of course, has their flexible resin, but it is rather on the
hard side. Your inquiry is a good one, I believe there will be quite a
future for automated fabrication in flexible materials, as they come on
the market.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
marshall@ennex.com

** Ennex(TM) Fabrication Technologies **
** FABRICATING THE FUTURE (TM) **
** 10911 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 332, Los Angeles, U.S.A. 90024 **
** Phone: +1 (310) 824-8700 Fax: +1 (310) 824-5185 **
** E-Mail: fabbers@ennex.com **