Re: Looking for Elastomeric SLA materials

From: Matthias Heger (mheger@HRZPUB.th-darmstadt.de)
Date: Wed Dec 18 1996 - 11:11:10 EET

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Bill Noack wrote:

> Hello all,

Hello Bill !

> I was wondering if anyone knew of an SLA resin that will directly
> simulate an elastomer of 40 or 50 durometer. Is anyone developing or
> currently selling something without going through a soft tooling
> process? Thanks for any info.

My name is Matthias Heger and I'm a Ph.D. student on the German Plastics
Institute in Darmstadt. My research topic is the development of an
elastomeric SLA resin for the SLA 250. I'm still in the beginning of
the development and up to now still a little bit widespread with my
ideas. Therefore I'd appreciate any suggestions towards your demands
on the properties of an elastomeric resin. I want to develop a resin,
that fits most closely the needs of the users.

I'd also like to know what possible areas of application you see for
an elastomeric resin.

Thanks in advance

Matthias Heger