STL, 3ds-to-stl, more questions

From: Spilios Zervos (zerbos@lms.mech.upatras.gr)
Date: Thu Dec 19 1996 - 11:11:11 EET

Dear RP-ers,

I wish to thank all the rp-ml members that responded to my questions for STL-format info & 3ds-to-stl translation possibilities. The solution that really worked for me was the one proposed by Lex Lennings/Delft Systems; the DeskProto demo really did the job all right.

I have a couple of more questions/issues:

- I would like to hear on your experiences with surface finish of SL models, namely equipment used and roughness achieved; Is something between 2 & 8 micrometers achievable?

- Does anybody working on medical apps have any knowledge of the resins' reactiveness with blood?

Many thanks & best wishes for 1997.
Spilios.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Spilios Zervos