Re: Re[4]: PART CLASSIFICATION

From: Brian David Vanhiel (gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 21 1996 - 02:23:47 EET

Yakov,

We are doing AIM tooling at the RPMI (Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing
Institute) at Georgia Tech. We have shot 30% GF Polycarbonate into a mold
built on an SLA 250. We were able to get ~15 parts before the mold began
to significantly break down due to heat. I would anticipate that many
more parts could be shot if more care were taken with the mold.

My project for the upcoming quarter is the developement of 'embedded'
ejection systems for inserts created via SLA. (If anyone out there knows
of any existing progress in this area I would be glad to here from you).
Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.

-Brian

Brian David VanHiel
340193 Georgia Tech Station
e-mail: gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu