Re: RP Services & Costs

From: don@partsnow.com
Date: Fri Jan 03 1997 - 01:16:30 EET

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Tom Brown wrote:

> If possible, please let me know of some companies
> that perform RP services and typical costs.
> How is pricing generally calculated? Does it
> depend on quantity and complexity of parts? Is it
> just an hourly rate? Is it calculated by machine
> time vs. man hours?
>
> Thanks.

Hello, Tom -
        Soligen provides 'RP services', but what we offer is different
than the normal RP product. We specialize in creating *functional metal*
prototypes with an easy migration path to production metal casting.
        As such, our pricing depends as much on machine and finish work
as on the complexity of the part itself. Typically we price raw castings
based on metal type and volume only, although exotic things like cylinder
heads and turbine blades cost more simply because the shells are harder
to clean out.
        Since most people who want prototypes will eventually want metal
parts and production tooling, and we can give you prototype metal parts
for very little more than our competitors charge for warped plastic, why
don't you give us a try? Visit our website at www.PartsNow.com, and send
us a file to quote. We'll be glad to work with you to meet your needs.

    oooOOO O O O o * * * * * *
   o ___
   V_=_=_DW ===--- Don Wilde [ don@PartsNow.com ]
  /oo0000oo-oo--oo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo